What is the forgetting curve in this instalment of the online learning glossary we look at one of the biggest challenges in the training community. The psychology of forgetting and why the psychology of forgetting and why memory fails plotted in what is known as the ebbinghaus forgetting curve . We present a successful replication of ebbinghaus classic forgetting curve from 1880 based on the method of savings one subject spent 70 hours learning lists and relearning them after 20 min 1 hour 9 hours 1 day 2 days or 31 days the results are similar to ebbinghaus original data we . In last months column we admitted the painful fact that our employees quickly forget most of what they learn and while forgetting depends on many factors research shows that on average students forget 70 percent of what we teach within 24 hours of the training experience figure 1
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.